Protecting Your Health – New Safety Measures
East Bridge Massage operates at a very high standard of quality and safety. We have implemented additional measures to further support health and safety in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are taking every precaution to make sure our space is the safest place for massage in Portland.
Changes we are committed to:
- Meeting or exceeding all state, local and regulatory guidelines set forth by the CDC. All disinfectants used in the center are verified to ensure they meet the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Massage therapists and staff members will be wearing masks at all times.
- High level disinfection of contact surfaces in the treatment rooms between sessions, such as tables, bolsters, face cradles, head/face cradles, door handles, drawer handles, cabinets, stools, light switches, and all electronics etc.
- Enhanced sanitation procedures between each appointment to clean and disinfect all common areas and touched surfaces, such as the bathrooms and waiting area.
- Staggered appointment times and occupancy limits to minimize social contact in center.
- Clients will have one point of contact while in our center.
- Employee temperature screenings at the start of each shift.
- All staff are trained and provided with educational materials and reinforcement on proper cleaning and disinfecting, handwashing, and high quality personal protective equipment.
- Maintaining at least six feet of physical distance with others in the center except when performing massage.
- Tissues, hand sanitizer, hand washing stations, airtight laundry containers as well as no-touch garbage receptacles are readily available.
To enjoy your experience to the fullest, we ask that clients be aware of the following standards and requests to help us ensure your safety and comfort as well as that of our staff.
Changes for our Clients:
- Initial screening questions when booking an appointment.
- Text us when you arrive (503-314-9297).
- Wait outside before your appointment and your massage therapist will greet you as we maintain one point of contact to minimize contact.
- Wear a face mask when entering the building.
- Google form sent the day before to screen before each appointment.
- Taking clients temperature when they’re entering the building. Anyone with a temperature higher than 100 degrees must reschedule their appointment with no late cancel fee or penalty.
- Bring your own water bottle to hydrate after your session. At the present time we are not allowed to offer water to minimize touch contact.
- Upon entering we ask you to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands. Then you will be escorted directly to your treatment room.
- Only clients with scheduled appointments will be allowed into the center in order to minimize contact.
All Clients must answer the following health screening questions at the time of the appointment booking, and before your session:
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other respiratory problem)?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms or anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 14 days?
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with our new safety measures. The safety of our clients and our staff are our greatest concern during this time. If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will be happy to help. East Bridge Massage 503-314-9297
UPDATED Client COVID-19 Policies & Procedures (November 2020)
The presence of COVID-19 in our community has posed many challenges to the safety and success of our massage practice. We have explored and researched tirelessly to develop protocols that meet our new standards of safety and mitigate the risks of receiving massage during this time.
Our safety protocols were designed to meet recommendations, guidelines, and prohibitions set by the CDC, Oregon Health Authority and Governor Brown. Our goal is to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19 for the safety of our clients, therapists, and staff. Our plans can only be successfully executed with the cooperation and support of everyone that walks through our door.
To ensure the safest environment possible, we ask that you thoroughly read through our updated policies and adhere to them at all times during your visit. The protocols will be updated as needed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the office (503) 314-9297
Prior to your scheduled appointment clients will receive, by text and/or email, our COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire. This form must be completed before each appointment.
1. Have you recently had a fever, respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
2. Have you been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms in the past 14 days?
3. Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
4. Have you traveled outside of Oregon in the past 14 days?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions your appointment must be rescheduled.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are like other respiratory illnesses and seasonal allergies. An appointment must be cancelled if the client presents with even mild symptoms that may be signs of COVID-19 including: fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, or loss of sense of smell.
At this time East Bridge is only allowing clients without signs or symptoms of COVID-19 and who have not had close contact with a COVID-19 positive person, to attend their appointment. (This is a requirement set by the Oregon Health Authority.)
Arrival to Appointment
To follow state and CDC guidelines, our waiting room is closed at this time.
When you arrive for your appointment please wait in your car or outside and text the office at 503-314-9297 to let us know you have arrived. Your therapist will meet you at the front door.
If you have not filled out the COVID-19-screening form, one will be given to you when you arrive.
Once inside, your therapist will take your temperature using a touchless thermometer. Clients with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher must reschedule their appointment with no late cancel fee or penalty.
You will be asked to wash your hands or use our hand sanitizer. You may use the restroom at this time too.
Clients are asked to arrive on time (no more than 2 minutes prior to your appointment).
When the massage has ended your therapist will exit the room to wash his/her hands while you are getting dressed. The therapist will then come back into the room and go over any home-care recommendations, take care of your bookings and complete payment inside the room. Receipts for the treatment will be emailed.
All clients must wear a mask during their entire visit at East Bridge. While face down, if the mask feels uncomfortable or claustrophobic, we have another option that fully encompasses the face cradle, Face Cradle Mask.
Water cannot be provided per OHA requirement. You may bring your own water bottle with you to stay hydrated.
Blankets can no longer be provided but we have added table warmers and heating pads.
Only individuals with scheduled appointments are allowed in the building.
Maintain at least six feet of physical distance between people in the building except when receiving your massage.
Clients will only have one point of contact throughout their visit — their LMT.
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
Tissues, hand sanitizer, and no-touch garbage receptacles to be readily available.
All appointments to be staggered to adhere to physical distance requirements.
30 minutes between appointments to allow for cleaning and sanitization.
Meeting or exceeding all state, local and regulatory guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene. All disinfectants used in the center are verified to ensure they meet the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning procedures to treatment rooms between appointments to disinfect all treatment room surfaces, including cabinets, doorknobs, tables, face cradles, oil bottles, appliances and devices including cords.
Restroom facilities to be thoroughly cleaned several times throughout the day.
Common areas and touched surfaces throughout the center to be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
Use of a high-efficiency HVAC system with HEPA filters to allow clean air circulation.
Windows can be opened upon your request.
All staff at East Bridge wear face masks while in the building.
Management to immediately send home any employee with COVID-19 like symptoms and not allow them to return to work for 72 hours after symptoms have resolved. As per CDC guidelines.
All staff are trained and provided with educational materials and reinforcement on proper cleaning and disinfecting, handwashing, cough and sneeze etiquette, and personal protective equipment.
While information is still limited, the CDC indicates that these underlying conditions place people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19:
- People 65 years or older
- Chronic lung disease
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Heart conditions
- Compromised or suppressed immunity
- Severe obesity (body mass index of 40 or higher)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Liver disease
Unless otherwise directed by the client’s primary healthcare provider, clients at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should forgo massage while the virus is present in their communities.